Thursday, July 21, 2011

Adult Conversation.

Now that I have a little more time on my hands, people have advised me to be sure to take time to myself, keep hanging-out with grown-ups, and have some "adult conversations." Apparently, this is the antidote to getting bored. I'm sure the advice is wise, but it entertains me for two reasons.

Reason 1. Adult conversations sounds like my friends and I will sit around and have x-rated discussions. I'm more willing to have a "conversation with adults" than an "adult conversation."

Reason 2. This morning, Colin says to me, "Mom, Io is one of Jupiter's big moons, but the biggest moon is Ganymede." To me, discussions about the Galiliean moons qualify as "conversation with adults," even if it is with my three-year-old son.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Congrats on being done with work! And it's nice to see you blogging more, because you're funny and your posts are interesting to read when I'm at work but I'm avoiding working :)